Florida KidCare is the State of Florida’s high-quality, low-cost health insurance for children.
Through its four partners, including Florida Healthy Kids, the program covers children from birth through age 18.
- Administers the Florida Healthy Kids program for children ages 5 through 18.
- Determines eligibility for the non-Medicaid parts of the program.
- Collects monthly premiums.
- Manages the Florida KidCare customer service call center.
- Administers Medicaid services.
- Administers MediKids program for children ages 1 through 4.
- Works with the federal government to make sure the Florida KidCare program follows all federal laws and rules.
- Determines eligibility for the Medicaid program.
- Administers the Behavioral Health Network for children ages 5 through 18 with serious emotional disturbances.
- Administers the Children’s Medical Services Network (CMSN) for children with special health care needs from birth through age 18.
- Chairs Florida KidCare Coordinating Council
Currently, more than 1.8 million Florida children are enrolled in Florida KidCare. Enrollment is open and families can apply online or call 1-888-540-KIDS (5437) to have an application mailed to them.