Florida KidCare provides comprehensive coverage for children 0-18. Health insurance benefits include doctor visits, immunizations, dental care, vision care, prescription medicines, hospital care, surgery and much more! More information about Florida KidCare eligibility can be found at www.floridakidcare.org or by calling toll free 1-888-540-KIDS.
Florida KidCare Services Cover:
- Doctor Visits & Check Ups
- Shots & Prescriptions
- Dental, Hearing & Vision Care
- Hospital Care, Surgeries & Emergencies
- Mental Health
- Much, much more!
To qualify for Florida KidCare, the following must be true:
- The child is under the age of 19.
- The child is a Florida resident.
- Family income eligibility must be met.
- The child must be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen.
- The child is not eligible for Medicaid.
- The child is not in a public institution.
- Parents, grandparents and legal guardians can apply on behalf of their children, provided the children live with them and they are the childen's guardian.
Local application assistance is available. Call 630-CITY. Application assistance is free.
What is the cost to parents to enroll their children?
A: Eligibility is based on household size and family income. A family of four can earn up to $48,500 per year and still qualify. Most families pay $15 or $20 a month to cover all their children in the household. There are no deductible and minimal co-pays.
How do I get enrollment help?
A: Local application assistance is available. Simply call 630-CITY or visit www.CoverJax630City.com to find a location near you. Application assistance is FREE.
What is the open enrollment period for this program?
A: There is no open enrollment period as this program is open year-round, 365 days a year. Plus, with KidCare, coverage for your child is continuous for a full 12 months.