Enrollment Information

Getting health insurance coverage for your kids starts with a phone call to us. Coverage starts as low as $15 per month. You can NOT apply online. To get Florida KidCare healthcare coverage for your children, you must speak with a Cover Jacksonville Application Assistor. Together you will fill out a Florida KidCare application.  There are three easy ways to contact us to enroll:

1. Call 2-1-1.

From your phone, simply dial 2-1-1 to speak to an operator. Let the operator know you are interested in Cover Jacksonville and enrolling for health insurance coverage for your children. The United Way 2-1-1 operator will ask you some basic information and will, with your permission, make an appointment for you to meet with a health insurance assistor who will help you obtain the best coverage for your children based on your personal situation.

2. Attend an upcoming event.

Throughout Jacksonville, we will be participating in community events to spread the word about this special opportunity for the children of Jacksonville. The Cover Jacksonville grant provides for 9,000 children to get coverage. Check out our Enrollment Events page for days and times. Be sure to bring your important information with you. We'll have experts available to answer your questions.

3. Attend a Cover Jacksonville Enrollment Event.

Sometimes it's easier to talk to someone in person. That is why there are Cover Jacksonville Enrollment Events throughout Jacksonville. Choose the most convenient location for you. Appointments are free and you are under no obligation to enroll. Call to schedule an appointment with a health insurance assistor by dialing 2-1-1. Locations and available appointment times are listed on the Enrollment Events page. Be sure to bring all required documents with you to your appointment, so you can complete your application. Please review the list in the right column, or ask the 2-1-1 operator what you’ll need when you call.


Important information
you'll need to provide:

To help us assist you better, please have handy
the following important documents:

  • Each child's Social Security card or the date applied for if you have not received a Social Security card.
  • Parent or guardian's State issued identification card
  • The family's most recent tax return form (Form 1040) OR your wage earning statement (W-2 Form) OR current pay stubs (covering the last 4 weeks)
  •  Proof of citizenship and identity. A complete list of acceptable IDs can be viewed here.